- Try an allergy “shot” with a couple drops each of lavender, lemon, and peppermint diluted in water.
- Mix up your own mouthwash by adding 1 drop of peppermint, melaleuca, lemon, orange, cinnamon bark, or an antibacterial blend to water. Gargle, and spit.
- When you feel like you are getting sick or getting a sore throat, try taking a “shot” with a drop of oregano diluted in water. Gargle, and swallow.
- Fill the shot glass with your daily vitamins and supplements the night before so you will remember them in the morning.
- If you have a cough, try adding a drop each of lemon, orange, frankincense, and peppermint to a little bit of honey. Mix with a spoon, and eat.
- Try a detox “shot” by adding a drop of lemon to a little water.
- Don’t like taking your omega 3 fish oil? Make it a game with another family member, and see who can down their small glass of fish oil the fastest!
- Make your own massage blend by putting your carrier oil in the shot glass; then drop essential oils in, and mix. Pour a little bit at a time on area to massage.
- Clean your toothbrush at night by setting the brush in a solution of hydrogen peroxide and a drop of lemon oil or an antibacterial blend in the shot glass.
- Want to add oils to your bath? Fill a shot glass with Epsom salt and drop a few drops of your desired oil(s) in. Try a relaxing bath by adding lavender or an energizing bath by adding citrus oils. After you have your Epsom salt and oil mixture, place the shot glass under the bathtub faucet, and let the running water mix it into the filling bathtub.
- Make a mini reed diffuser by filling a shot glass 3/4 of the way full with jojoba oil and 5-10 drops of essential oil. Place rattan reeds (cut to 4–5″ tall) in the oil mixture. After a few hours, the reeds will suck up the oil and disperse the scent into the air.
- Mix up your own furniture polish by putting a little olive oil in the shot glass and adding a few drops of lemon essential oil. Dip a rag in the mixture, and polish away!
- Have you heard of oil pulling? These shot glasses are the perfect size for mixing a little coconut oil and essential oils to swish in your mouth! Just swish for 15–20 minutes, and then spit into the garbage.
- Have an upset stomach, heartburn, or motion sickness? Try taking a “shot” of water with a drop of ginger, peppermint, or a digestive blend.
- Kids love these glasses because they are miniature and fun! If your child won’t take a capsule with essential oils, just add a drop of oil to water in the shot glass, and make it a game to drink it fast.
In honor of Massage Awareness Month, reference this page to receive $20 off your massage session of one hour or longer for the entire month of October. *Not to be combined with any other promotion.
Comment here & like us on Facebook to be entered into a drawing for an additional 30min to be added onto your next one hour massage. Winner will be notified via email at 1pm October 25th.
Roy is a New York State Licensed Massage Therapist and has worked in high end spa’s as well as rehabilitation centers. He is well known for his Relaxing Massage as well as his skill in Medical Massage and Sports Massage. Contact Roy at 631-375-0962 or email at email@example.com to schedule your next appointment.