Specializing In Therapeutic and Esthetic Lymphatic Drainage
Lymph vessels play a big role in transporting waste, water, proteins and other debris within the body. They remove these materials from connective tissues and carry them to the bloodstream, performing filtering and other functions along the way. At the sites where the lymph vessels pass through lymph nodes, additional functions related to immunity are taken.
When an injury is sustained or surgery is performed on connective tissue, the lymph system is forced to work overtime to efficiently remove all the inflammatory products and toxins and pull these substances away from the affected area. The entire system is thrown into overdrive and vessels can become congested, slowing lymph vessel functioning when it is needed most and in turn curtailing recovery.
Almost anyone can benefit from the Therapeutic and Esthetic Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage from our Certified Therapists at Wave Crest Massage.
- Pre-Surgery - When performed prior to an operation, this massage can help prepare the body for surgery by flushing out toxins, stimulating the immune system and ensuring that the lymphatic system is functioning as it should prior to surgery.
- Post-Surgery - After an invasive procedure is performed, the body (and the lymphatic system in particular) can be overwhelmed. Trauma has occurred and all the systems are fighting to send the surgical site what it needs to heal while at the same time carrying away dead cells and other waste that must be filtered out. In times of stress, the lymph vessels can become overwhelmed and slow their functioning, extending the healing process. This treatment can help get the body back on track for a faster, healthier recovery.
- After an Injury - The lymphatic system is critical to the healing process. Sprains, strains, whiplash, burns, wounds, bruising and swelling can be reduced and healing time shortened.
- Chronic Conditions - Lymphatic drainage therapeutic massage has helped people find relief from a variety of chronic conditions including fibromyalgia, digestive issues, migraines, allergies, arthritis, sinusitis and tinnitus to name a few. It is also frequently used to reduce the pain associated with various health conditions.
- Cosmetic Reasons and General Well-Being - Even if you aren't planning surgery or have not suffered a serious illness or injury, you can reap the benefits of heightened lymphatic activity. Lymphatic drainage massage has been shown to reduce the appearance of cellulite and to rejuvenate the skin by promoting new collagen growth. It can also help in the treatment of puffy eyes and alleviate stress and fatigue.